1. What personal information is gathered about you and how do we use it?
WestEd will not disclose any personal information to any third party without your consent, except when necessary in connection with services provided by appropriate intermediaries (e.g., an external vendor assisting with the delivery of a product ordered by a customer), who will be required to comply with the confidentiality provisions of this policy.
WestEd may gather the following types of information:
- information given voluntarily while using a feature of this website, for example, while subscribing to a newsletter, or during a purchase process. We may use your telephone number or email address to contact you if we have trouble processing or shipping your order. However, we will never use your telephone number for sales or marketing purposes;
- information gathered as a result of voluntary participation in a survey or poll, or when communicating with our webmaster or other members of our Web Team; and
- information gathered automatically when visitors visit our website (i.e., IP address, session time [date, time, duration on site], click path analysis, page requests, user’s browser and Operating System version).
Our server will not automatically record your name or email address.
2. With whom is your information shared?
WestEd may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, which may include your IP address, session time, click path analysis, and the pages you request. We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone without your advance permission, or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information, and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you (for example, in order to fulfill an online purchase through our Site).
We reserve the right to disclose any content, records, or electronic communication of any kind (including, but not limited to, personal information or private electronic communication transmitted on the Site): (i) to satisfy any law, regulation, or government request; (ii) if such disclosure is necessary to operate our business; or (iii) to protect the rights or property of WestEd or its users, sponsors, providers, or licensors. We also reserve the right to reject any order or to request additional information from any user.
3. Does the California Consumer Privacy Act apply to WestEd?As a California Joint Power Authority, the California Consumer Privacy Act does not apply to WestEd. However, WestEd takes data privacy very seriously and is careful to build strong data security provisions into its agreements. WestEd does not sell the personal information of its website users or newsletter subscribers. If you have questions about WestEd’s privacy policies, please email infosecurity@WestEd.org.
4. How can you update or correct inaccuracies?
Upon request, at customerservice@WestEd.org, we will give you a summary of any personal information retained by us regarding you. You may also modify, correct, change, or update your personal records or request that your personal records be removed from our database by emailing us at customerservice@WestEd.org. We will only send personal records to the email address on file for the user name associated with it.
5. What about other sites linked from the Site?
Please be aware that when you are on the Site, you can be directed to other sites that we do not control. These other sites may send their own cookies,* collect data, or solicit personal information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party sites.
* “Cookies” are text files sent from a site’s server and stored by your web browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow sites to personalize and save preferences. Cookies can be used to collect anonymous data and serve the user with specifically targeted ads. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent that.
6. What about information you post on the Site?
If you post information on, or transmit information to other people through, the Site, including without limitation, on message/bulletin boards on the Site, such information will be publicly available and you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality regarding such information.